WORLD HEALTH DAY
World Health Day is celebrated on 7 April to mark the anniversary of the founding of WHO in 1948. Each year a theme is selected for World Health Day that highlights a priority area of public health concern in the world.
The theme for 2013 is high blood pressure.
The ultimate goal of World Health Day 2013 is to reduce heart attacks and strokes. Specific objectives of the campaign are:
- to raise awareness of the causes and consequences of high blood pressure;
- to provide information on how to prevent high blood pressure and related complications;
- to encourage adults to check their blood pressure and to follow the advice of health-care professionals;
- to encourage self-care to prevent high blood pressure;
- to make blood pressure measurement affordable to all; and
- to incite national and local authorities to create enabling environments for healthy behaviours.
‘ Health Is Wealth ‘
Rich or not
We all have got
Chances in lifetime
To live quite sublime
More rich people become richer
And the majority poor more poorer
It’s not how much money brings boost
But having enjoyed life not its cost
Healthy body makes an active mind
Once sick can’t make good things rewind
Beware of taking too much of everything
Good health is wealth and the best thing